Examination Matters & FPAS Login Account 2022
The Financial Planning Association of Singapore (FPAS) is solely responsible for all matters pertaining to Examinations, Certifications and Exemptions. Queries pertaining to these should be directed to FPAS via email to [email protected]. For the latest updates, please check FPAS website at https://fpas.org.sg.
- Examinations are held by FPAS three times a year: March (Cycle 1), July (Cycle 2) and November (Cycle 3). You may check the official exam schedule here.
- Upon enrolment of the course, new candidates MUST register for the examination with KapitalMinds.
- Registered students will only receive the link to login to your FPAS Account through the registered email that you have provided to KapitalMinds. The account will be created only when FPAS received the name list from KapitalMinds.
- Login to your FPAS Account upon successful validation of the account to access your registered module(s) E- guide(s), to view your result(s), to apply for your AFPCM/ AWPCM/ CFP® Certifications and for the annual renewal of your AFPCM/ AWPCM/ CFP® Certifications with FPAS.
- Do ensure that your profile is updated, as your name indicated in your FPAS account will be the name printed on your applied certificate.
- As stated in FPAS website, eligibility to take CFP programme exam, the candidate must have an active FPAS individual member and registered with an approved Education Provider.
- Students who have failed/ medical certificate/ deferred will be allowed to register for the retake examination at the next immediate exam cycle, at their own expense.
- No funding is applicable for retake registration. IBF Funding Support is only applicable to the first exam sitting only.
- FPAS Exam Entry Slip will be sent to registered candidates two (2) weeks before the exam date of each module.
- Cancellations and withdrawal of the exam(s) is subjected to the education provider’s approval. Fees made are not refundable.
- Medical certificate(s) is recognized for absent on exam dare or for deferment.
- For deferment request, candidates are required to submit their written request together with appropriate supporting documents to KapitalMinds.
Examinations for Module 1 to 5 are conducted in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) via E-Assessment. Candidates are to refer to the Examination Format on FPAS website for more details on the device and system requirements. Examinations for Module 6 are conducted in pen-and-paper format for essay writing. A student has 7 years from the M1 pass date to pass all 6 modules if they wish to pursue the CFP® title.
|Module||Exam Duration||Exam Format|
|Module 1 : Foundations in Financial Planning||3 hours||95 MCQs
|Module 2 : Risk Management & Insurance Planning||3 hours||95 MCQs
|Module 3 : Tax Planning & Estate Planning||3 hours||95 MCQs
|Module 4 : Investment Planning||3 hours||95 MCQs
|Module 5 : Retirement Planning||3 hours||95 MCQs
|Module 6 : Financial Plan Construction & Professional Responsibilities||3 hours
(+30 mins reading time)
|1 Case Study
New Entrants into the Singapore’s CFP® Certification Programme are allowed to attempt Module 1 to Module 5 at the first exam sitting, where Module 1 is compulsory.
New Entrant Examples:
- Participant Joe is only keen to learn Module 4 using his SkillsFuture Credit. He is welcome to attend class lectures for Module 4 without attending Module 1, as long as he is not attempting the examination in this intake. (Module 1 is a prerequisite for a new entrant exam registration and we strongly urge new entrants to start with Module 1 to have a good understanding of financial planning calculations)
- Candidate Paul is new to Financial Planning and would like to attempt Module 4 exam only. This is NOT allowed. He has to take Module 1 first to achieve a broad understanding of the Financial Planning process, or alternatively he could register for Module 1 AND Module 4 concurrently.
- Candidate Sean is new and would like to attempt Module 1, 2 and 3 together in his first exam sitting. As he included Module 1 in his examination registration, he is allowed to attempt Module 1, 2 and 3 in the same Examination Cycle.
- Candidate Tracy is new and wishes to attempt Module 1, 4 and 5 in her first attempt with a goal of achieving AWP® title. As she included Module 1 in her exam registration, she is allowed to attempt Module 1, 4 and 5 together in the same Examination Cycle.
Existing Candidates are allowed to attempt any or all Module 2, 3, 4 and 5 at subsequent examination sittings on condition that they have passed Module 1.
Existing Candidates Examples:
- Candidate Clarence passed Module 1 in Cycle 1 Exams. He can proceed to attempt Module 4 and 5 in Cycle 2 Exams, with the goal of achieving AWP® title.
- Candidate Dexter passed Module 1 and 4 in Cycle 2 Exams. He can proceed to attempt Module 2, 3 and 5 in Cycle 3 Exams.
- Candidate Ethan failed Module 1 in Cycle 1 Exams. He can re-attempt Module 1 + new Module 5 in Cycle 2 Exams. He CANNOT attempt Module 5 by itself in Cycle 2 Exams.
- Candidate Florence passed Module 1 in Cycle 3 Exams. She can continue to attempt Module 2, 3, 4 and 5 together in Cycle 1 Exams the following year.
The Final Step (Module 6): Module 6 can only be attempted on the successful completion and passing of Module 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
The Last Module Example:
- Candidate Tan has passed Module 1, 2, 3 and 4. She is keen to attempt Module 5 and 6 together in 1 exam sitting. This is NOT allowed. She will need to clear Module 5 first in 1 exam sitting and then proceed to take Module 6 in the next exam cycle, on condition that she pass Module 5.
The Speedster*: The fastest possible way to achieve CFP® certification in just 3 exam cycles (approximately 1 year).
The Speedster* Examples:
- Candidate Hafiz has 7 years of experience in the financial planning industry. He joined our class lectures in January and cleared Module 1 & 4 in Cycle 1 Exams. He proceeded to attend class lectures in Cycle 2 and cleared Module 2, 3 and 5 as well. Hafiz continued with KapitalMinds for Module 6 class lectures, attempted his final paper in Cycle 3 Exams and passed Module 6. For his hard work and efforts, he achieved his CFP® certification in just 3 exam cycles!
- Candidate Ian has 1 year of experience in the bank as a Wealth Manager. He has cleared Module 1 at Cycle 2 Exams. He decided to take time off from his work and proceeded to attempt Module 2, 3, 4 and 5 in Cycle 3 Exams. He attended 3 hours of class lectures per day for each module (4 days a week) and study 3 hours per day on his own. He managed to pass all 4 modules with his focus and determination. Ian continued with KapitalMinds for Module 6, and then proceed to attempt Module 6 in Cycle 1 Exams the following year. Regardless of how Ian split his studies, he is still able to achieve his CFP® certification in just 3 exam cycles too!
One of our student sharing on his experience on completing his CFP® certification the Speedster* way:
“I have familiarity with comprehensive financial planning as part of my daily work for my clients. However there are still substantial amount of new learning I acquired through the coursework. I am very thankful to my wife who understood the numerous weekends I need to spend studying to acquire the CFP® mark over the 9 months!”
* KapitalMinds Recommendation: The CFP® certification program is a substantial coursework at a professional level. If you are planning to complete the certification program on a part-time basis, do pace yourself to ensure you complete the program to join one of the few elite professionals in the industry.