1. How much time do I need to spend to do each module of the CFP® program?
The CFP® program is a professional program which have substantial coursework. We recommend a minimum of 3 hours of class lectures, 2 hours of self-studying with 1 hour of practice work per week for 8 weeks. This can be achieved with a weekday class lecture and 3 hours over the weekend.
We recommend you read the course materials before each class lecture for most effective learning experience.
For the final week before the exams, you will need add additional 3 hours to attempt the mock exam, on top of your revisions.
2. Do I need to be an insurance agent for 3 years to be able to use the CFP® mark?
You will need 3 years of experience within the financial planning industry in various roles.
This experience may be gained in the following areas:
- Estate Planning
- Financial Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Retirement/Pension Planning
- Securities/Managed Funds
3. Can I apply for the WDA Grants if I am a student?
To qualify for WDA grant on a self sponsored student for our certification program, you will need to be 21 years old and above. You need not be working while doing our program. The WDA grant is only available for Singaporeans and PRs only.
4. How many years do I have to complete the CFP® program?
You have a total of 7 years to complete the CFP® program.
5. I changed my mind from doing self-study to class lectures. Is it allowed?
Yes, you can upgrade from self-study option to class lectures option before our classes started. Please contact us to find out the amount payable for the upgrade.
6. Do I need to take at least 1 exam for each exam cycle?
No, you may take a pause and need not take 1 exam per exam cycle.
7. Do I need to be a FPAS member?
You will need to be a FPAS member to register for the exams. You need not be a FPAS member to take our class lectures if you have no intention to attempt the exams.
8. How does the CFP® program helps with my financial planning practice or myself?
The CFP® program equips you with a comprehensive knowledge on financial planning practices and instruments. With this CFP® program, you gain an extensive depth in your ability to do a comprehensive financial plan for your clients or yourself.
Financial planners who completed the CFP® program have been found to have productive and effective. Firms who employed financial planners who are CFP® have a better client retention rates (according to FPSB).
9. If I have questions during the course, how can you help me?
At Kapitalminds, we are committed to help you with your coursework. All your questions will be forwarded to our lecturers to reply in the fastest possible way. You can email us at [email protected] with any of your questions.